Important note as we often get the question about whats the difference between the old free Click Fraud Monitor version and the version available on this site.
At first, Yes there is a another version of our plugin available on the internet but you definitely should not install it on any of your website. It was the first version we developed but we decided to stop the continuation of it. If you are already using it, please uninstall it completely and stop the use of it.
I will explain why you should do so:
- The free plugin is outdated and not maintained any longer by us for more than 2 years.
- The free available version is version number 1.8.6.
- The latest version number of the maintained plugin available here on the site is 2.0.0
Main Reason to not use any version lower than 2.0.0:
- The old version contains a serious security flaw which allows foreign persons to attack and compromise your entire website. We did fix that immediately when we find out about it but the issue is still there in the old version
- Previous version is NOT Google TOS conform and can lead to a ban of your Google AdSense account! There were some serious Google AdSense changes which were taken into account in latest plugin versions.
- Previous does not detect all clicks so you would be faced with multiple clicks that exceeds the maximum click count
- Previous version is 600% slower than latest version and will increase loading times of your website
So take care that you are updating your plugin to latest one.
If you still have any questions feel free to get in contact with us!