- 1 Install Click Fraud Monitor
- 2 Where to Download the latest plugin version?
- 3 More Clicks Than Allowed
- 4 Where is my license key?
- 5 How to upgrade a license to a higher site package?
- 6 How to remove a domain from activated sites and switch to a new one?
- 7 Is the use of the plugin against the Terms of Service (ToS) of Google AdSense?
- 8 Is the AdSense code modified?
- 9 How does the plugin count the clicks?
- 10 Does it work on WordPress MU (Multisites)
- 11 Does it work with YOAST SEO
- 12 Does it work with installation on localhost?
- 13 Is there a 100% guarantee that this plugin prevents you from the exclusion of your AdSense Account?
- 14 Does it work with WordPress Quick AdSense and WP QUADS Plugin?
- 15 Does it work in sidebars and widgets?
- 16 Does it work with alternative ad venders or only with AdSense?
Install Click Fraud Monitor
In order to utilize the Clickfraud Monitor plugin, you’ll need to first download, install and activate it. The following screenshots are showing Windows 7. If you are using another version of Windows or Apple Mac system the screenshots will slightly differ.
Download the Plugin
- After purchase, we send you a mail with a download link to a compressed zip file which is labeled cfmonitor.zip.
Optionally you can download the file from your account page.
Apple Safari Users: If you are using this browser it’s a little bit tricky to get the pure zip file because Apple Safari browser extracts zip files immediately after downloading it and instead of downloading a zip file it just extracts it and just opens a folder labeled cfmonitor.
One way to fix that is to use Firefox or Google Chrome to tell Safari to just download the .zip file and leave it for you to decide what to do:
- Open Safari
- Click Preferences
- Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading
How to Install Clickfraud Monitor
- Download & save the file cfmonitor.zip first on your computer.
- Remember the download folder.
- Do not (double) click on the file and do not open it
- Do not extract it
To install the plugin, go to
WordPress Live Site > Plugins > Add New > Upload
Click the “Browse” button. Navigate through your folders and select the file from the download location.
Once it’s uploaded, click the “Activate” link.
The last step is to copy the license key from the mail we have sent to you and paste it into the license key form to activate the plugin and to unlock the push changes function.
To do so go to Plugins > Click Fraud Monitor
Where to Download the latest plugin version?
You can download the latest plugin version from your account.
After account creation, log in and click on View Details and Downloads. There you find the link to the latest plugin package:
More Clicks Than Allowed
In some circuit’sances its still possible to generate clicks when someone is skilled or when someone is using special proxy servers. Even though we reduce the number of malicious clicks on the ads tremendously some people or bots will still be able to pass through the click fraud plugin. This does not mean in every case that the exceeded click count has been counted by Google.
It’s also possible that you notice more than the maximum clicks on your ads when a second click has been done very quickly and the previous operation has not been finished. Google is detecting such clicks very reliable so you do not need to worry about it. Its very unlikely that a double click is counted as malicious click by google because double clicks are often unintentionally done by the user.
Even though it’s not possible to prevent all unwanted clicks the use of the click fraud plugin is highly recommended because it reduces the invalid clicks to a minimum which increase the total quality of your clicks.
It blocks low-quality clicks on your ads and this can increase the Cost per Click Rate (CPC). As a result, your clicks are generating more revenue for every single click additionally to the benefit of reducing the risk of being banned from the AdSense program by excessive invalid clicks.
Where is my license key?
At first login in your account with the same mail address, you used for purchasing the Clickfraud Monitor plugin. If you can not log in with that mail address register first your account with that same address:
Go to View Licenses:
There you find your license key. Double click on the license key text field. Than open with right mouse button the context menu and click on copy to copy the license key:
How to upgrade a license to a higher site package?
If you purchased a single or 2-5 sites license you can upgrade your license to a higher package with following the steps below. You only pay the difference of the lower package compared with the price of the higher one. To do so login to your account. Click on View Licenses:
Than click on View Upgrades:
How to remove a domain from activated sites and switch to a new one?
Sometimes you want to move your site from one domain to another and you missed to deactivate your license key on the old domain to be able to activate the same license key on the new domain. In that case, you can deactivate the old domain from your account. Than you are able to activate the new domain from the plugin admin settings screen. To do so login to your account. Than Click on View Licenses:
There you find the link to Manage Sites where you can deactivate the site for a specific license key.
When this is done the license key is free again to be used on a new domain.
Is the use of the plugin against the Terms of Service (ToS) of Google AdSense?
- No, it´s not against the terms. The AdSense source code is not changed in any case.
- The plugin detects clicks on AdSense ads and count them internally in the database. If clicks exceed the maximum allowed ones it hides the < ins> tag of the AdSense tag via js and css. Google explicitly stated that Its allowed to hide the < ins> tag of AdSense via CSS if you are using the universal responsive analytics code which is loaded asynchronously.
Techniques to avoid
Here are some techniques you’ll want to avoid:
Hiding ad units at anytime (e.g., display:none), unless you’re implementing a responsive ad unit
Is the AdSense code modified?
No, the adsense code is not touched
How does the plugin count the clicks?
- The plugin detects clicks on AdSense ads and count them internally in the database. If clicks exceed the maximum allowed ones it hides the < ins> tag of the AdSense tag via js and css. Google explicitly stated that Its allowed to hide the < ins> tag of AdSense via CSS if you are using the universal responsive analytics code which is loaded asynchronously. Do not use the plugin if you are using the old class code.
Does it work on WordPress MU (Multisites)
- Not tested yet. Please let me know if you have any issues or if you test it successfully.
Does it work with YOAST SEO
Does it work with installation on localhost?
- If you are testing on a localhost environment make sure that you are running your site on http://127.0.0.1/. If you are using http://localhost the plugin is not able to block your access for testing purposes.
Is there a 100% guarantee that this plugin prevents you from the exclusion of your AdSense Account?
- Due to the possible technical eventualities like rotating IP addresses, there is no 100% safety. But this plugin helps you are a lot to minimize the risk to be banned because of any malicious clicks.
It´s developed on a regular basis to cover as many eventualities as possible.
Does it work with WordPress Quick AdSense and WP QUADS Plugin?
- Yes, its working with every available AdSense plugin. Other supported plugin are Advanced Ads or the official Google AdSense plugin
Does it work with alternative ad venders or only with AdSense?
- It´s working with other pay per click ad vendor. It´s not focused on AdSense